Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Monday, August 1, 2011

#48- Miracles

This week has been really good. We've seen some miracles happen.

Monday July 25, 2011: We switched our preparation day to Thursday so we had exchanges. I went to Hamtramck with Elder Barclay. We had a good day. We switched back on Tuesday at 1pm, but before we switched back we did some service for Brother Baker. He is doing a lot of work in the house that he is renovating so we got to help shovel up the dry wall and stuff. It's a 3 story (above ground) house with a basement. It was built around 1920ish, it has like 8 rooms 4-5 bath, it's a big house. He said that he got it for 20k, a house like that in the condition that he got it in (not good condition) I would guess that it would cost around 200k in California maybe more. I'm not sure but that's my guess. We switched back at district meeting and on our way there Elder Barclay and I went and got some Pączki's (pronounced Punchki) it's basically like a Polish doughnut they are really good.

Tuesday July 26, 2011: We taught 6 lessons, which is unusual. One of those lessons was with a newer investigator, Rosa, it had to be one of the most powerful Restoration lessons that I have ever had. We then stopped by a former investigator that we had and she has accepted for us to come back to teach her. It was an amazing day.

Thursday July 28, 2011: Today was our preparation day. We switched it so that we could go to Downtown Detroit. Downtown Detroit is amazing, it's so cool. I saw Canada again and I walked right past the tunnel to go there. We went to the GM building and walked around. We also went to a few stores. The main reason for going to downtown was because we went to the Tigers game verses the LA Angels. It was a sweet game. The Angles won 12-7. I also had to spend $50 to fix my bike so that kinda sucked, but hey if you want your bike fixed you're going to have to pay for it right?

The rest of the week was normal. We had some fun and taught some sweet lessons.

Today August 1, 2011: Today is my 11 month day. I can't believe that it's been this long. This time next month, time will start going by faster and faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment