Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Monday, August 29, 2011

#52- Almost Year Mark

Wow! The last email that I will send before I've been out for a year. Thursday is September 1st and will be my year mark!!! It's hard to think that I've been out this long.

This week has been very stressful. Like I said earlier Elder Buahin has only been out for like 4 months and Dearborn is where he was trained. He knows the area, just not really well, so planning is kind of all over the place. It's been hard for me because I've been asking a lot of questions about the area and I can see that sometimes it's making him frustrated. I'm trying to back off a little. Even though this week has been really stressful we've gotten a lot done.

August 23, 2011: We had a few lessons today. The first one was with Danita. I've met her before at firesides and she's been to Palmer Park before. Her car wash place is in our area so we go and see her every once in awhile. She is awesome. Then we saw Dolly and Dave. They live in Detroit. Dave was baptized recently and he has a great spirit. He has a small mental disability, but he is really great.

Then we saw two of our investigators:

Mike: His wife is a member, I think his kids also. He just accepted to take the missionary discussions. He seems like a really nice guy, and I know with the help from his wife he'll get baptized pretty soon. They have 3 kids.

Michelle: We both met her for the first time. She is looking for a church and is pretty happy to meet with us. We did an intro and just got to know her and tell her who we are. We saw her again on Saturday (Aug 27) and had a very powerful Plan of Salvation lesson. She felt the spirit very strongly. She has 4 kids.

Wednesday August 24, 2011: I met Linda, she is on baptismal date for November 1st. She loves Culinary arts. She has one daughter (I think is a member, her mom is a member) and she is trying to overcome smoking.

Friday August 26, 2011: Today was sweet. We meet Liola, she is a less-active member. She said that she would come to church to visit but might not come back too often. She'll change her mind...I hope. She is really nice and friendly (People told us she was crazy, haven't seen that yet). Her daughter lives with her sister. Her mom can read palms it was really cool. She said that I will have a long life. I'm going to have 3 kids. Apparently I'm going to make a lot of money but not know how to manage it so I'm going to lose it once I get it, UNLESS I've learned how to manage it, which I have. Apparently I'm very stubborn, and I don't make friends that easily. I guess I'll find out how much of that is true.

I also met Malissa on Friday, she is an investigator. She is super solid, on date for September 18. Loves the church. Has a 4 year old daughter. Super nice.

There is a senior couple that lives next to us, a few apartment doors down. They have been assigned to work with the less-active members in this area. We do a lot of work with them. They are really cool. Elder and Sister Pickett. They have been here for 4 weeks and they are serving a 23 month mission. I don't know if they will be here that whole time but I'm glad that I get to work with them while I am here in Dearborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment