Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Monday, August 22, 2011

#51- Bed Bugs

I'm getting transferred tomorrow! Right when Elder Adair and I start to get along really well they move me. I'll find out tomorrow at transfer meeting where I'm going, so if any of you are sending mail hold on to it until I get my new address or send it to the Mission Office 33505 State St. Ste 101 Farmington, MI 48335

Like I said last week, we got Elder Jones for the week so we get to cover Dexter and Ferndale. It's been a little stressful. There has been some contention between Elder Jones and Elder Adair. I thinks it's mainly because Elder Adair trained Elder Jones and they didn't get along that great when they were together then. Also playing Phase 10 before bed just added to the heat because they hate that I have won a bunch, but they are doing better so things aren't so bad now.

This has been a really long week, probably because we were covering both Ferndale and Dexter. We've biked roughly around 120 miles this week. Going from one area to the other. Last night (Sunday Aug 21) we rode from the bottom of Dexter's area to our apartment in Ferndale, 10 miles. It's not that bad of a ride unless you are wearing a white shirt, tie, slacks, church shoes and a backpack. Oh and going against the wind, which is blowing pretty hard. It took about an hour to do it, maybe a little bit longer.

We've had some great lessons this week. Rita is getting back on track with her Book of Mormon reading, hopefully she is going to be ready for baptism in October after she gets married. She also needs to stop smoking.

Thursday August 18, 2011 - Saturday August 20, 2011 was the Dream Cruise on Woodward. It was really cool, we saw a bunch of really cool cars; old ones, new ones, modified ones, big, little. You get the point.

I can honestly say that this has been one of the most tiring weeks that I've had out in the mission.

There was a story that I forgot to tell all of you. Back on August 1st-3ed when I was with Elder Hunt for an exchange. I went to Dexter and they had bedbugs at the time. The first night I got bit once, the second night I didn't get any. Night of August 3ed I'm back in my apartment and I wake up in the morning with 4 more. We started to freak out. Maybe I brought their bedbugs back to our place, maybe Elder Jones brought them when he came!!! WHATS GOING ON?!?!?! Since then nothing has happened so we aren't worried about it. I can say that I've been bitten by Bedbugs. At home I though it was just the saying "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite." Well guess what. They really do bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment