Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Monday, July 25, 2011

#47- Gifts from God

This has been a really good week with a few awesome miracles.

Tuesday July 19, 2011: We stopped by to see Candice. We haven't been to see her for about a month and we decided to stop by and do a drop lesson. She identified that our time is sacred and that we need to be working with people that are interested in learning more about the church. She said that she has a stronger desire to come to church and to progress to baptism. She expressed that she has been noticing that God has been leading her through the last few weeks that we haven't been there. She's been able to live the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity. She said that when she had a desire to break them she could feel God say "No you're not." It was so cool. After that great lesson with Candice we showed up at Rita's house. Last you heard about Rita, she didn't want to get baptized because she didn't want to marry her boyfriend. We knocked on the door, she answered full of smiles. "Rita whats up?" We asked. She responded: "I'm getting married!" She is going to get married on October 15th at the church. she is really excited. She will be able to get baptized after then, and we are super excited for her.

It's been really hot this last week. Wednesday and Thursday got to the 100's.

Thursday July 21, 2011: I was on an exchange with Elder Jones. Elder Jones was trained by Elder Adair. Elder Jones is from Idaho. Today was the record breaking hottest day for a super long time, it was well over 100 we heard it got to 110. This so happened to be the day where everybody that we planned for wasn't home so me made some unscheduled stops with a few people and shared messages with them.

Friday July 22, 2011: We had a really awesome lesson with Sister Goff and her daughter. We talked about gifts from God and how we can get them and use them. It was really cool. I talked about some of my talents like art and that as I practice I get better. And also my gift for music, I guess. How I taught myself to play the piano, which is going pretty good. And how I also taught myself in my last area how to play the violin. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment