Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

#39- Rough

I don't have my planner on me so I will probably forget some of the things that we did this week so bear with me. Yesterday was Memorial Day so the Library was closed.

This week has been pretty good in some ways and pretty rough in others. In the good way I've seen quite a few miracles happen. Most of them were being able to meet and talk to some people.

On Tuesday May 23, 2011: I went on an exchange with Elder Hoffman. I went to the Mack area. It was a lot of fun. We stopped by a former investigator who turned out to be a potential that Elder Hoffman ran in to on the street like a month ago. Her name is Flame, that's a cool name.

We've played some Pros-Ball. For those of you who are not familiar with that term. It means that we've played basketball while in our missionary attire. Like I was saying, this week we've played quite a few times. Two of those times we got an investigator from it, so it was good.

Saturday May 28, 2011: This is kinda pointless but we went to the ward Spaghetti Dinner, which turned out to be great. It started raining really hard when we left so we went back to the church and got a ride from the Anderson's.

On Sunday May 29, 2011: I gave a talk in sacrament metting about the Book of Mormon. It was awesome. There was a super big thunder storm while we were out and about. We were teaching the Tennate's, investigators that we found last week. It started to sprinkle a little bit and then stopped. We left, then a few minutes later, when we got down the street and turned the corner, it started raining super hard. We got soaked so fast. It stopped after like 10 min, but the thunder and lightning was so close to us, it sounded like it was right above our heads. It was super cool to me, but my companion, not so much.

Monday May 30, 2011: Memorial Day and P-Day we didn't do much. We played Basketball with a bunch of guys at the church, it was pretty fun. And then we went to the Bowen's because they invited all 6 of us missionariers over for a barbeque lunch and we were the only missionaries there, there were also a bunch of members there too.
Later in the evening we got a new missionary that came out with us. Transfer meeting was today and Elder Adair and I are staying(ugh). So Elder Gardner, who has been in Michigan for 6ish hours got to come biking with us. We played some pros-ball with some kids and taught a sweet lesson and found some potentials. Over all it was a good day, until we got home. Elder Adair and I are on different pages sometimes, we both work differently and experss ourselves differently. To me it feels like he wants me to become just like him. So right now we are going through a rough patch that hopefully we can solve, if not, the next six weeks are going to be really rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment