Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Monday, May 23, 2011

#38- Utah? I'm not from Utah!

This has been a pretty good week. Lots of things have been happening.

Some of our investigators are really cool. We have 5 on date.

We've also had some interesting things happen too.
Tuesday May 17, 2011: We went over to Sister Whitehead's house to mow her lawn, found out that her lawn mower doesn't work so we couldn't do it. I've observed that many people in Detroit don't cut their grass that much so their yard looks like a little forest, it's pretty funny. We also went to Betty's house and taught her, "Follow the Prophet" and "Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy." She understands it all, the only thing that is holding her back a little bit is having to be baptized again. She wants to become a member and understands that she has to be baptized again, she is slowly overcoming that.

Wednesday May 18, 2011: It rained so hard on us!!! It was really hard to be mad. We got soaked.

Thursday May 19, 2011: Today was a district meeting because of leadership training yesterday. Elder Adair didn't want to bike to the church because of him getting hit by a car so we went to ride the bus, but guess what? The bus passes we had were invalid for that bus (Smart bus) we only had DDOT passes (Detroit Department of Transportation) so we started walking. We went about 2 1/2 miles and the Zone Leaders picked us up at 7 mile.

Saturday May 21, 2011: Super fun day. We were on exchanges with Mack. I was there with Elder Chaus, he's my brother. We had tons of fun. We taught a few lessons got denied a few times. We got yelled at: this black guy walking with his kid and his baby's mama said "F you!!!" I'm accepted in Detroit!!

Sunday May 22, 2011: Today was a really cool day, church was good, I got to bless the Sacrament. After church on the way to an investigator lesson some guy drove by and yelled out of his car to me "Go back to Utah!" of course he was still driving and is far a way, And I said "I'm not from Utah!" I thought it was funny. Then again I was to only one that heard myself say it.

It was a really good week. Today we are going to go to the mall and hang out there for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment