Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Monday, May 9, 2011

#36- Accident

This has really been an interesting week. I have had a crazy thing happen this week, read to find out.

It's week 3 starting in Livonia and half way through the week here I am in Ferndale/Hazel Park. Ferndale is very densely populated with gays. I heard that 60% is gay. Things here in area 3 this week have been enjoyable, busy, a little stressful, but all is great. On Friday Elder Sisenrios came over to help transfer the members in our area with Elder Adair. Meanwhile Elder Evens, Aidan, and I went out tracting and found a few potentials, that definitely boosted up my faith seeing the Lord answer my prayers.
I am in the Palmer Park Ward. The church building is really awesome. I've been there once before like 3 months ago. The building is an old Greek Orthodox building, so it's a huge chapel with an awesome dome. As some of you may know already this area has just been reopened, Elder Adair and I are refreshing it and we are on bike. Yesterday, Elder Adair and I were riding our bikes home from church and Elder Adair got hit by a car. I'm not really going to go in to details. He wasn't paying attention, the guy driving wasn't paying attention and BOOM!!! I got a front row seat. We called the Mission President, he came and took us to the hospital. Elder Adair is fine, a little cut up, some bruises, and in a little pain, but he's doing ok now. We are going to take it easy for the next few days. If you ask me later I'll tell you more details.

I also got to call home yesterday after the hospital which was awesome.

So that's the really short week that I had. I enjoyed it, I'm doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment