Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 2

I’m getting sick! Elder Willard (also Detroit bound) is one of the missionaries in the room with me and he got really sick. He had to go to the doctor's office and was quarantined for a day and a half. I’m not quite that sick and hope I don’t get to that point. Everybody in the district is on medication so it doesn’t spread too bad.

I've been learning a lot here and its awesome! I can’t really put it in words but I’m growing day by day and I love it. The food is great here but I don’t want to gain any weight. It’s all you can eat, so I’m rationing my portions. We also get an hour for gym, which is great, but I wish it was longer (I usually play Volleyball the whole time), and the rest of the day we are sitting down in class; that is not going to help me stay slim!

I went to the temple this morning and it was really cool. It’s hard to explain the feeling in words but a lot of you know how different the spirit feels there.

A new crop of missionaries came in Wednesday so I’m no longer a newbie and I finally know someone here that I knew beforehand, Steven Meakin. I forget where he is going but I think it’s Spanish speaking.

Elder Morrison is one awesome elder, he is one of my zone leaders and he taught me how to tie the apostate knot in my tie, i think its also known as a split knot.

I’m having so much fun here. I love you and miss you all so much, and I pray for you all every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment