Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 1

Hey Everybody!!!!

The MTC has been so fun.

When Mom, Dad, and Dianna dropped me off at the MTC, I was greeted by Elder Pitt. He helped me take my bags to my room but before I got to my room we had a small orientation where we got my name tags!!! The room I am in is shared by 4 Elders; Elder Orme, Elder Johnson, Elder Willard, and I. There are 9 guys in my zone and I love them already.

There are about 2600 missionaries here but I've only met a few. We already started doing some awesome teaching training to try to get a little more comfortable with teaching on the street and at the door. Today, the 4th, we practiced inviting people to accept challenges (we aren't supposed to call them challenges, I just forget what we’re supposed to call them right now because I have so much on my mind). For a practice "challenge" my companion, Elder Orme, and I went out to challenge some other missionaries and we stopped a few that were going to the field, and we challenged them to enjoy and to effectively work out and to have fun; the Elders we stopped looked very happy to see that we were trying our best.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Elder Aufdermauer, and thank you so much for sharing your messages with all of us! I sure miss you, and I wish you the best of luck!! I'm so sorry to hear that you got sick while at the MTC!!! There is NO time to be sick, and it is no fun! I am also sorry that I had NO chance of giving you a hug before you went into the MTC. Oh well, I will just have to wait until 2 years passes through! In other words, for 2 years to come and go!! Before I know it, 2 years will go very fast!!! Your family and I love you, and I hope for the very best for you. Work hard, and God will bless you, Elder Aufdermauer! Keep up the good work, and I will see you later.

    YOUR COUSIN
    RON ROBERTS

    ReplyDelete