Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Monday, October 17, 2011

#59- Service

This week has been pretty good.

We were able to get a hold of some investigators that were super busy the last few weeks. Malissa is doing alright. She has noticed a drop in her life since she hasn't been to church. She is going to be out of town on the weekends for the next 4 weeks. While she is in Arizona for a few of them she said that she is going to go to one of the wards out there, but I told her that she still needs to come to our ward a few times before she gets baptized. We are probably looking towards December.

We also saw the Velasquez family, they are doing good and have the same feeling about not coming to church. They weren't coming because their son had Football games on Sunday, they said that the season is almost over and that there are no more Sunday games. They are also looking at Baptism in December when family comes out for Christmas.

Tuesday October 11, 2011: We did some service for a member who is going to be renting out her house, she needed some stuff painted. Elder Lewis painted a door and I got to paint part of a fence. Now this fence is not a wood fence its a metal one, the links. Like the ones around parks or schools. I got to paint it with a roller (not the best on that kind of fence) and a brush. It was kinda hard to do it but I had a lot of fun. Apparently I did a lot better job then the guy who did the other half of the fence.

We saw Malissa on Wednesday October 12.

Friday October 14, 2011: Happy Birthday Molly!!! Up bright and early. We had to pick up some other missionaries because we all went to do service at the Roseville Building for a huge clothing drive. DI in Utah sent a ton of clothing to give away and we were asked to go help set up and help people as they cycled through. The experience really made me appreciate what I had. There were a lot of really poor people going through and were trying to get what they could. I was over in the men's section organizing and helping people find things they need. I was doing pants a lot of the time, and we didn't have a large variety of pants and I had to turn people down because we didn't have their size. It was a great experience to help others in need.

Saturday October 15, 2011: More service for us. We went to the Schaffer Elder's apartment and walked to the clean up site in Detroit. The Grand River Branch set it up and we showed up to clean up. This was an abandoned apartment complex covered in trash. If you want to look on Google maps to see were it was it's on Fullerton Rd. and Grandmont in Detroit. It shows how nice it was before it was left. Picture it covered in garbage. I'll send some pictures of it. We also saw the Velasquez Family today.

Sunday October 16, 2011: I got to speak in church. I think I did pretty good. People kept telling me that I did great and that they all really like it. I talked about gaining a personal testimony.

We had a pretty fun, crazy, busy week. Definitely had some awesome experiences, and helped a lot of people.

Hope you are all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment