Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Monday, February 7, 2011

#23- You Can't Believe Everything You Read

It feels good to be on track with my adventures, but nothing too crazy has happened yet. Some interesting things, but not crazy.

This last week has been great for snow. Had a snow storm on Wednesday February 2, 2011. Then some more snow on Friday February 4, 2011. probably totaling about 10 inches; about 5 inches each day. Also this week was the first time I've used a snow blower, i'ts great! It is so much easier than shoveling, thank you Brother Allen!

Thursday February 3, 2011 & Friday February 4, 2011 were my interesting days. While Elder Turley, my companion, was at a leadership meeting I got to go on exchanges with Elder Wood. Elder Wood is from Utah, he's only been out for a week and a half. He is still trying to figure the whole missionary thing out, but that's ok he's new. I struggled a little bit but not that much, I caught on really fast.

Thursday: I went to Schaffer. Now Schaffer is a Detroit area so they don't have cars. Remember it snowed yesterday, like 5 inches? We were on bike, riding through all that snow because Detroit doesn't get plowed. All the major streets get salted and the residential streets are untouched. we went to one of their investigators and she was having a fit because she found a "Secret Society" Life magazine that blew down Mormons and she was pissed asking us, "Why didn't you tell me this stuff? You guys are a cult!!! You guys practice polygamy! I want to talk to Elder Bradshaw." Elder Wood was getting heated up. I was super calm. We couldn't do anything in that situation. I really wanted to say "Do you really think that I would be a member of this church if we did that stuff?" But I kept my cool and did my best to calm her down. She said that she will let us come back but Elder Bradshaw had to be there(Elder Wood's companion). It was interesting.

Friday wasn't so crazy, but it was interesting as well. We, meaning Elder Wood and I, were in Livonia, my area for the day. The crazyish, funny, interesting, awkward lesson that we had at ShontaƩ's. We wanted to mess with Elder Wood beacause he was new. We propably shouldn't have but I can't turn back time so oh well. ShontaƩ was pretending to be an Investigator and the lesson that we taught was the Law of Chastity. Enough said, I don't have to say more. Except that it was great. Shhh don't tell.

Sunday February 6, 2011: I may be a missionary but that doesn't mean I don't know what's going on it the world. I'm disappointed that the Pittsburgh Steelers lost to the Green Bay Packers yesterday in Superbowl 45, 25 to 31. Dang, oh well it doesn't matter to me that much but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment