Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Thursday, December 2, 2010

What Stands Out

Another fun week out here in Livonia. I’m going to make my emails a little shorter now. Instead of telling you what happens everyday I’m just going to tell you the Important, Fun, Interesting and the things that stand out to me.

Wednesday November 24, 2010: The thing today that I noticed was really great is how the Spirit works through me. We were tracting and I felt like we needed to tract the right side of the street and instead of doing the left side that we go around the block and do the other street as well. On that second street we found a potential investigator, She said we can come back after the Holidays, so I hope that we can go back and teach her. (Tasha)

Thursday November 25, 2010: Thanksgiving day!!! We went to the Beauchamp's around 2 for an early dinner, which was great. I got to sit at the kids’ table; it was fun talking to the kids. I taught them how to play Ring on a String and they all really enjoyed it. After The Beauchamp's we went to Brother Lavely's Daughter's house. He was there too and it was a totally different experience it was fun.

Friday November 26, 2010: The Beauchamp's invited us over for dinner for leftovers. One investigator that we have, William, he’s pretty cool, we've meet with him twice and he’s been reading! Its awesome. A little more about Donna. She has a baptismal date for December 11th, but her brother just passed away and we are hoping that it wont affect her to much.

Saturday November 27, 2010: We had the opportunity to attend a baptism today which was amazing. I forget her name, but I know she is from the Greenfeild Area (in Detroit) It took place at our building so we went early to fill up the font. It was such an amazing thing to witness.

Here are some Questions that Molly asked me and here are my responses:

How are you enjoying things? Things are great, I’m loving it, People in the ward are really nice. I love having a little part of the city in my area.

Anything that you didn't expect? Not really, I didn't expect as many abandoned and burned houses.

What is your favorite part about being out there? My favorite part is how strong the spirit is and seeing how it works through me.

What do you think about having a companion all the time? I love my companion he is awesome, but having to be with him all the time sucks. No alone time at all except for in the bathroom. quote from the missionary handbook. "The only times you should be separated from your assigned companion are when you are in an interview with the mission president, on a companion exchanged, or in the bathroom." Its can be too much.

What have you learned? I've learned more about the church (too much to type) and how to better teach it.

And how's the weather? The weather sucks, mainly because we don’t get weather reports so its kinda like, what happens happens! Rain, cold, hot, dry, etc.

Has is been getting really cold? Its been really cold the last few days its been down in the 30's today was in the 50's though

Are you on bikes all the time? Not at all. this area and my last (first) area were both car areas so I've been in a car all the time so far. I have ridden my bike like twice.

Do you have plenty of lights on your bike? Yes

Is it getting dark really early? Yeah, it gets dark at like 5:30ish some times earlier.

Do you have all the winter clothes that you need? Thanks to Dianna I'm staying warm :) I can use some light gloves (not snow gloves)

Are you excited for snow?? Yes and No. Yes because its snow and I love snow. No because I hear that the snow here in Michigan sucks. I've heard that they don’t plow the roads here they salt them so lots of cars are rusting out, but we still have to wash out car during the winter mainly the under side.

If you have any questions for me either comment on the blog and Christian will forward them to me or send me a letter.


No comments:

Post a Comment