Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Thursday, December 9, 2010

but it didn't stick...

It’s been a really fast week and a half. The reason why I’m writing today is because we switched our Preparation day to today so that we can go to the temple. I get to go at noon:) so I'll start off like normal and then we'll see what happens next.

So first off, Donna, (I think I said this last time) was a super solid investigator, ordering like 10 copies of the Book of Mormon for her Family. Her Brother died 2 days before Thanksgiving and since then we haven't been able to get a hold of her. She was super short on the phone. Sister Holmes called her and found out that she was going back to her old church :( we haven't lost hope, we're still trying.

William: He’s a little slow, but then again who in Detroit isn't. It’s going really well with him, we are going to see him again tomorrow. He’s been reading the Book of Mormon slowly but surely. We are hoping that he can come to church this Sunday because he missed last.

Tuesday November 30, 2010: Remember the first time I mowed a lawn? Well today was the first time I mowed a lawn on one of those lawn mowers that you drive. How fun was that!!! The sad part of today was that all but I think one appointment bailed on us :( yea we face rejection everyday.

Wednesday December 1, 2010: FIRST DAY OF SNOW!!!! but it didn’t stick :(

Thursday December 2 and Friday December 3, 2010: All day both days we were at a Specialized Training Meeting. Sorry I don’t have much to say about it, except it was awesome, I learned a bunch of stuff to help, and I don’t have my notes on me so I cant really tell you what we did. I do remember that we had some instructions about Finding people, and following the spirit.

Sunday December 5 2010: One of our less-actives, Brother Barnes, We found out that he was in the hospital due to some health related issues. It was a really good visit. We went to see how he was doing and if there was any thing we could do to help. The Bishop came in right then so to help we gave him a blessing. The Bishop anointed and I did the blessing. It was really great, I’m feeling a lot more comfortable doing them and I feel the spirit so much when I do.

Wednesday December 8, 2010: I did another blessing today and once again it was amazing.

Thursday December 9, 2010: It’s my 100th day in the mission field!!! We switched our preparation day to today so that we can go to the temple which I'll be doing that in a little more that an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment