Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Monday, October 4, 2010

Goes down smooth-ie

So as you all know, I've worked at Jamba Juice for the last two years and some of the affects haven't worn off yet, I've been buying lots of fruit so that I can make myself a smoothie everyday. I think that the ones I'm making in the apartment now are more healthy than the ones from Jamba, mainly because they are all fruit ones. The other day at Kroger (like Safeway) there was a sale on Raspberries so I bought 3 pounds of fresh Raspberries for 5 bucks and now they are in my freezer, I also have a pound of blueberries, and blackberries. Today I’m going to Meijer (pronounced like Myer another Safeway like store) to get my Strawberries. Its one way to get my daily intake of fruit. Right?

So how did everyone enjoy Conference? I know I did, all 10 hours of it :) really I did I’m not being sarcastic. I think I was at the church a total of about 16 hours on Saturday and Sunday. That’s a long time at church. During the time in between sessions, I got to go hang out in front of a piano which was AWESOME!!! I can now play 2 songs (the top notes only but it still sounds like them) they are, We'll Bring the World His Truth (Army of Helaman), and If You Could Hie to Kolob, I love these songs a lot.

Elder Attwood and I are still trying to do all we can in a week. In the Clarkston area people are pretty friendly so we get to talk to quite a few people everyday, doesn't mean they want to know more but they let us talk to them.

For my daily study I've been reading The Book of Mormon and The New Testament. I've never read them side to side before. They have so much in common. If you haven't yet or its been awhile since you have, start reading about Christ's early ministry in Matthew its so amazing to read all about the things Christ has done. Although I’m at chapter 15 (I think, I don’t have my book with me) its awesome to read it. I can’t wait to finish the New Testament so that I can start reading Jesus The Christ.

We haven't helped anyone new this week but we have helped out investigators. Nannette's Baptismal date is still for Nov. 6th. Danny came to church, not yesterday but the Sunday before. We taught Brandon The Plan of Salvation, and that went very well, I hope to get him set up with another Baptismal date soon.

I mowed a lawn for the first time this week. It was for Sister Tallent in our ward. She lives on a chunk of land about 3/4 acres. So I got to mow the front yard while Elder Attwood did the back yard.

This has been an awesome week.

I love you all so much and hope you all have a wonderful week

Tune in next week for more of "Richard's Mission Adventure"!!!!!

~Richard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment