Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Monday, June 27, 2011

#43- Prompting

This week has been pretty long. I think because nothing exciting happened 'til Friday. The week from Monday to Thursday was pretty normal. So I guess that I'll start there and go to now.

Friday June 24, 2011: After weekly planning we went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I stayed in my area with Elder Matthews. Do you remember him? I went on an exchange with him when I was in my first area, we buried a sheep remember (Mission Adventure #9). So yeah, This exchange was super cool, it went from 2pm today 'til 5ish pm Saturday. It was great to be able to get away from my companion for a day. While on this exchange we did quite a bit of tracting. Elder Matthews made it more enjoyable, teaching me how to play Book of Mormon Baseball (I'll teach whoever wants to learn later). Today we found two potentials. Elder Adair and I are going to go back this week to see if they are still interested.

Saturday June 25, 2011: Still on an exchange with Elder Matthews. We had a few really cool, little, miracles happen. First we stopped by a less actives house and they were home! It was cool, he expressed a little wanting to come back to church, that's a start. Another we were biking down a street and said hi to someone sitting outside. As we passed we got a prompting to turn around and go talk to her. We found out that she was praying for guidance and help a few days ago. Low and behold here we are riding down the street. This happened at her boyfriend's house, she lives in Madison Heights (Not our area, but its all good). Later in the evening, the Luis's had all the missionaries over for dinner, all 6 of us. That is when we changed back.

Sunday June 26, 2011: There was a less active that we got in contact with last week and we have been working with her and her daughter quite a bit this last week. They both came to church today for the first time in about 7 years. It was great to see them come.

Monday June 27, 2011 (Today): Today is Joseph Smith's Martyrdom, did you know that? It's also Elder Adair's birthday. Mine is on Sunday. So to celebrate everything we are going to the Detroit Zoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment