Richard's Mission Address

Elder Richard Aufdermauer
Michigan Detroit Mission
33505 State St. Ste. 101
Farmington, MI 48335

Monday, November 15, 2010

Rotten Tomato

Monday October 25, 2010: Got to go on exchanges with Elder Matthews after P-day. Elder Attwood and I drove to their place to do the swap, and guess what. Elder Matthews and Elder Dawson got a foosball table so we had tournament for me. It was Elder Matthews and I vs. Elder Attwood and Elder Dawson. Elder Matthews and I won 5 out of 5, well it was mostly Elder Matthews, I helped a little bit. He’s really good at it.

Tuesday October 26, 2010: Elder Matthews and I got to do some service today, and it wasn't like what I did back in Waterford. we went to the Cooper's home and we finished burying their sheep that died. The hole was way deep, well over 6 feet. Then we helped set up some stuff in their small barn to help them get a little more organized. After did some tracting and we had to exchange back early. On the way home from the Zone leaders place, we saw a truck hit another truck. It happened right in front of us. It wasn't bad, the truck slammed on his breaks and the truck behind (following to closely) slammed on too but was still to close. We also passed a church, it has the board out front so that they can spell out phrases. It said " Stop, drop and roll. That wont work in Hell" I wish that I would have gotten a picture of it. When we got home we went to dinner with Brother Myer and his wife, they took us to the Outback and got us both a Melbourne steak, 18 oz, it was awesome.

Wednesday October 27, 2010: Its Sister Jones birthday tomorrow so I baked some brownies and brought them to the district meeting. After the district meeting I went on another exchange with Elder Hidalgo, in Fenton. It was lots of fun. Got to their place, get ready and we took the bikes out and went tracting for a bit. After tracting we went to go see Brother Gooss, his family is super nice and friendly. He’s an investigator that the Fenton Elders have, we taught him and his wife the Plan of Salvation. He understands but at the same time he has a lot of questions. I felt the spirit a lot there and I know that over time after receiving the lessons, I know they will get Baptized.

Thursday October 28, 2010: Fun day, Did some service at Sister Miler's home with Elder Hidalgo and Brother Mason. We did some yard work in her garden pulling up lots of weeds and stuff. It was fun because Elder Hidalgo and I kind of got into a food fight using the veggies in the garden but they were kind of old and rotting. He hit me with a nasty tomato which smelled really bad, but I got him back. Yes we played but we also got a lot of work done in the garden. We got back to the Apartment and exchanged back. On the way home we stopped at Wal-mart and I bought myself a GPS. NO MORE GETTING LOST AND WASTING MILES. we went to the fireside that night which was great. It was for investigators, and less actives. Saw a lot of other Missionaries and got to catch up with Elder Johnson.

Friday October 29, 2010: Not much happened. went to the bike shop, the guy helped my out "fo free" my bikes all fixed up now, took some links out of the chain when I got home. Then we crashed the ward Halloween party, had some awesome pie.

Saturday October 30, 2010: Left the house on our bikes and my chain broke :( but I fixed it again during out break. Biked to the Giddings for dinner (like 5 miles away) stopped and did some tracting and found a potential. Left the Giddings a restoration DVD. Biking home from the Giddings. The chain broke!!!! oh but it wasn't my bike this time, it was Elder Attwoods. Brother Robinson came and picked us up and took us home.

Sunday October 31, 2010: HALLOWEEN!!! Church was cool. Brother Cornell spoke on how Halloween used to be a very spiritual day. After church just spent the rest of the day tracting and when it got dark we started trick-or-treating. Kind of, more like talking to people sitting outside of their houses, we did get some candy though. I was dressed up as a Mormon Missionary. It was a super fun day and we got to talk to quite a few people.

No comments:

Post a Comment